Project Value: £1.5m
Contract: JCT Design and Build
Role: Cost Consultant, Quantity Surveyor
The conversion of the existing Quorn Hall sports hall to create 2no. lecture theatres, with associated mechanical and electrical installations and fixed tiered seating. In addition to this, the scheme also involves the provision of remodelling and replacing the existing adjacent toilet block in its entirety and the current lobby area to form a break-out crush space.
Time was a key challenge in delivering this project as it was an essential requirement for the project to be completed for the new teaching term.
Synergies with Loughborough College
- High-specification teaching facilities
- Providing flexible and collaborative spaces for students
- Total financial control and budget management
Providing Added Value
- Working with the design team and client on procurement strategies to meet tight timescales
- Assisting project PM in Management of design processes and contract mechanisms
- Total financial control of all aspects of the scheme
- On-boarding project team, including fees and contracts
- Engaging and managing stakeholder expectations
An aggressive pre-contract tender and procurement strategy ensured the project was delivered within the timescales for the new teaching term. The project budget was also met with contingency reserves handed back to the client at the end of the project.