Project Value: £2.4m
Contract: JCT Design and Build
Role: Cost Consultant, Quantity Surveyor
Conversion of existing Gymnastics centre to extend the current Powerbase gymnasium provision for Loughborough University. High specification gymnasium fit out including specialist flooring, new mezzanine for boxing, new showers and changing room areas including new reception areas.
Cost challenges were key to this project, and extensive value engineering was carried out throughout the design stages to ensure budget constraints were met.
Synergies with the Client Team
- High specification fit out for gymnasium and sports
- Delivering and supporting in the procurement of specialist equipment and flooring
- Engaging with several Stakeholders and managing their requirements
Synergies with Loughborough College
- Advising and supporting the project team to achieve value management
- Assisting project PM in management of design processes and contract mechanisms
- Total financial control of all aspects of the scheme
- On-boarding project team including fees and contracts
- Engaging and managing stakeholder expectations
The project is set to start on site in early July. We successfully supported the Client in maintaining the project budget through a robust value engineering and tender process and supported in client engagement to ensure that the brief was met.